"Into My Closet": Post-Christmas Fashion

by 12:53 PM
I know it's been too long with one of these posts and dammit, it took awhile to test drive all clothes bought over the Holiday Season. Thank God I survived. Or perhaps with the new camera, thank God for "coming back to modeling."


I didn't have too much faith in this sweater initially which was apart of the Great Maurices deal of 2011 (went to The Tanger Outlet outside of Iowa City, and saved almost 89 dollars on my gift card, including a few 15 dollar off coupons AND the punch card, I'm still dazed) but I knew it had to be worn with something graphic and badass underneath. The thing about shopping at Maurices is you have to mentally go through your own closet and figure out what would look good with the tough-girly continuum. This works. Plus, the rose Union Jack was a total steal at Ragstock for 10 dollars.





Fun with textures, the sweater which was also apart of the Great Maurices deal of 2011 (I talk about this like I talk about natural disasters...) It has fantastic detailing on the sleeves in being sheer. Good for just being a shirt I picked up for my new ushering gear. Pairing it with a snake-skin like vest that my brother actually picked up for a Christmas present works perfectly than with the other shirt he chose to go with it. I keep saying if you have something girly on, you have to balance it with a little tough. It was all girly, it made me vomit. So pairing the lace with the snake skin was perfect and even my pre-Christmas present to myself, the carpet designed green scarf, rounds it all out on how to pair textures obscurely but oddly look good.. Take that, little brother, for telling me my fashion sucks and that I'm too fat for the clothes I wear. 






 I have at last achieved one fashionable trend in the past year, colored jeans. And done in a fashion that it worked perfectly with my Thrift shopping self. Hello 22 dollar red jeans from Revival, you're pretty, you're my new best friend! And paired with the impossible sweater and a black shirt I had to tuck in and then pull out to a probable length (as red jeans, they will shorten you so you have to pull every lengthening trick in the book: pin-stripes, up and down buttons, suit shirts etc) but I compensated in breaking that rule a little with my favorite motorcycle boots, it doesn't look too horrible. With red jeans, you also want to get a little boring with accessories, so bitch boots and '60s inspired earrings will do.


I really love the wintery texture of this vest but wearing it is a bit of a problem. It was also apart of the Maurices day, which is another hard thing. See, without the belt, it'll completely hang and I don't have short enough shirts to oppose it's length. So while this belt is probably not the best because it is deteriorating, a much wider belt would work for this. And the jeans which probably also don't help given its dimensional shade, but give me a few more blog posts and maybe I'll find something redeemable to wear this shirt as. And yes, it matches my comforter.











This shirt will be the death of me. Normally you don't know phrases at their fullest extent, well I do now. The vertical stripes are almost invisible under the vintage wall paper like effect which is a perk, but my relationships with button down shirts is indefinitely nil. When you have a fear of looking like your old body type you wear everything close to skin -- button down shirts don't do that. Button down shirts have excess fabric on the front around the stomach area which means it can either fatter or flatter you (headpalm to the pun). But I think with the elongation of of the boots and the thinner jeans help the shirt. This took awhile to come up with a good outfit for this shirt so I am relieved this worked. And let's call it for these jeans, at last jeans I can wear boots over and doesn't wrinkle at all! The only downside to this skinny flare (I'm looking at you Maurices) is that it's a low-cut and no clingy shirt is safe with low-waist jeans. Dammit.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment