"In My Closet": Must Outfits for Summer

by 9:01 PM
Well, here are my summer rules and since I neglect to take pictures of my nails (which I totally should), I must recommend shimmery light glitter polishes for summer... I feel so Musings from Manhattan! Speaking of you, MfM, I miss your face... er nails...

Patterns Make the World Go Round... Specifically Polka Dots...




Because polka dots are a girl's best friend with the multiple ways of wearing them, but lately I found the majesty of pairing them with my essential red jeans that finally feel good and broken in; and really comfortable sandals always work... but back to polka dots, showing off both worlds as the black and white top (although a little snug with a thin fabric and a cinched in hem that doesn't help the figure much) is from Ragstock for $5 in the Recycle Area (aka. my God) and the white with blue dots from Revival for $8. I find no sin in even accessorizing with polka dots and red jeans with lighter girly colors like the baby yellow head band (Silver Spider, $1 Table) and this super badass pink skull cuff from local artist Kim Sun Designs for 10 bucks at the local arts fest..





The Essential Summer Pattern: Flowers, Flowers, Flowers!


Whether retro like my adorable Prime Time brand pink with blue roses or my latest flowery and my latest Cheri flower dress (magically structured with a corset-like waist and pleats with pockets) (Revival, $12 during a 20 % off sale) (did I mention... WITH POCKETS!?) which is long enough to go bare-legged but not bare-thigh because some girls need to keep shit in. That is my cross to bear but it leaves opportunity for black leggings to go with the most COMFORTABLE T-SHIRT EVER! (Revival, $6)

And Rockstar to Usher in Fall

Because what is more badass than a $10 dollar t-shirt from Nylon to commemorate their 13th anniversary designed by  Nylon's art director and a $6 black skirt from Revival that can be removed with one short zip? Awesome. And of course what can be more cool both weather-wise and bad ass than black and white stripes? I'm so ready for fall... and to go shopping on this week's impending paycheck.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment