January 27th's Cupcakes Heal All Wounds Vspot

by 1:28 PM
If today's weather wasn't what I envisioned in my last vspot (Good Lord, I'm sounding old just talking about weather) it wouldn't have been a sign with the wonderful 30 degree flustering flurries that land on my nose and eyelashes -- if my glasses weren't shielding them, that was an incentive to blog this strange and wonderful week.

I'm writing this as I eat a vegan chocolate and peanut butter cupcake...
Peach Nail Polish isn't a Myth!!

I have cried and pleaded to the nail polish Gods (and Musings from Manhattan) for a peach nail polish to come to me and through Musings from Manhattan's email to me on their used blog polish sale that looks like it's over with that hope is nearing. Essie Spring 2012 line is going to deliver... hard. MFM continued to send me this link at another blogspot sister Scrangie which shows the latest palate that will be gracing CVS's shelves within the next month. And just happens the first polish reviewed is the peach "A Crewed Interest" which is seriously rocking my clock. Onto peach lipstick...





Pop-Up Local Quirky Stores Are Back in Business in IC

Iowa City isn't just the city of literature, it is the city of fantastic local jewelers/artists/accessory maestros and someone needs to utilize these great artists in stores and not just the scattered one-of-a-kind shops, farmer's markets and Art & Craft (or as I call it, Etsy Fair). But as of this past winter, fellow Osagian Catherine Champion created and opened the Pop-Up store called December which now will be rotated throughout the seasons -- called a different store every season. While I love love love that concept, I just think having a consistent one all year round without getting crazy thematic is good enough for me. Like, making an accessory/art Farmer's Market like store with art pieces displayed like produce. But while concept sounds odd, I'm oddly gearing up for the second project Champion has conjuring up -- with my local obsession known as Revival.

Revival and Champion will be getting together to unleash "Merci" on Iowa City, a "high end consignment shop"   according to the Press Citizen article. It caused me to do a happydance all over my living room. Currently, there is a sense of hope in the downtown area of Iowa City because of the "Good Ideas" program that the city just recently put together to get Iowa City back its quirk by 2030, hopefully the quirk will be helped by the artists -- they always come through.

Margaret Berger Collabs With Charlotte Thorstvedt

What's like von Trier's Melancholia, a little Sapphic and all around a Scandinaviangasm of the highest order? Norge Idol 2004 Runner-Up Margaret Berger is starting to show a darker side lately with her heartbroken single "In a Box" and it's B-side clubby "4.E.V.E.R.L.O.V.E" and is starting to bloom into something sexier, she keeps getting better. Arrythmia is the lost Portishead song with Model/DJ Charlotte Thorstvedt who is starting a recording career and this is so promising, I reported to facebook with this link saying I had to wipe off buckets of drool off my couch.

Maggie Smith Continues to Become Immortal

As an official Downton Abbey geek (after 4 episodes), it's hard to believe that anyone could hate Maggie Smith's character The Dowager Countess of Grantham or if Potterheads are watching in grief of the Harry Potter franchise being over.remembering Smith going all Angelina Jolie in the last chapter. Nevertheless Maggie Smith's character is becoming immortal on throw cushions and now Tumblr. When Dowager Countess Texts is probably the best thing to happen to me this week and it just happened to me today. Best one so far? 


ME: TGIF!
DOWAGER COUNTESS: TGIF?
DOWAGER COUNTESS: Turkish gentleman is f*cked?







Sleigh Bells Flip Mustard Bottles Like a Boss

This is all you need to know about Sleigh Bell's newest video for "Comeback Kid," Alexis Krauss is looking unearthly beautiful as always and Derek Miller flipping a mustard bottle into a grocery cart is just plain epic. These people can make anything look beautifully hipster.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment