January 18th's Golden Globes Vspot

by 10:35 PM
Sorry this took so long, but life butts into the blogosphere and while SOPA exists, I'm daring myself in even doing this Vspot, but it's been three days coming. Back to lightheartedness, since Golden Globes are always so touch and go, I thought it would be fun to put up a Vspot list in honor of the award show that had a musical number, the Hatha Madonna, and a subdued British bastard.

Emma Stone Abuses My Favorite Colors and Kills It

I'm never one to solidly be for the fashion, but since March 2010 when I started this confounded blog (I say with love) I find myself focusing on the dresses this award season -- and if its a beautiful dark wine purple, damn it, I will comment on it!!! 

Emma Stone, brought to you by the folks from justjared (*smiles robotically at Congress*), wears my number one favorite look of the night wearing a tulle dark plum and fuscia Lanvin aka. my future wedding dress... without the eagle belt and the lacy cap sleeves. 

According to Kelly Osbourne on Fashion Police, if I may paraphrase, said that a lot of the pictures don't do the color justice, that much of it made it look like a "blood clot" as Joan Rivers jokes but I'm in love with the coloring technique, as the stripes on the side is actually this year's biggest trend, showing everyone's body type at their best with the light colors creating your shape as it should, and mostly made for the curvaceous. Like I said, future wedding dress.

Careful Glee, Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy Are Better Than You!

This doesn't even need an introduction or my criticism. Seriously.



Revolutionary War Globes; Madonna vs. Gervais

Although at this rate, Madonna is only British in voice. As someone with musical .. training ... ahem (I was musically trained on Disney like every other choir member from the late 80s/early 90s). But I digress. But we all know what happened, Madonna won the Best Song Award for "Masterpiece" for her self-directed movie W.E. which is the B storyline from The King's Speech. What happened next is just a piece from the canon of what I consider funny -- abrupt physical comedy.


The real-British person out of the two won -- and Elton John cried like a baby.

The Artist Half-Sweeps
 
"This seals Dujardin going to the Oscars or shall we call them Oskars this year? Yay The Artist!!" I screamed on the twitter feed in absolute happiness. Despite the fact that Djuardin has been struggling to learn English in the past three weeks, or rather perfecting it because (well d'uh) they are going to the Oscars. 

How can I love this movie the way I do and not having seen it? Well, because as a devoted cinephile who believes film should always include a little old school (I just read that The Dark Knight will have a little Fitz Lang in it) attached to it. And the fact the movie has got fantastic reception, plus a win for Dujardin, Best Comedy or Musical, and Bource for the Musical Score (suck that Kim Novak). What The Artist actually does, making its appearance in the Oscars will show that maybe what the college-level film historians consider uncool now (German and French film is now considered blase and all Asian film is praised higher than any other international film) is back in vogue.

How Much I Won in the Golden Globe Pool 

If every biased prediction I made in December 19th's Warm and Fuzzy Vspot cost me five bucks, I would have won twenty five bucks getting Best Actress (Meryl Streep for "Iron Lady"), Best Supporting Actor (Christopher Plummer for "Beginners"), Best Comedy/Musical, Best Actor in Comedy/Musical, Best Supporting Actress in Television and Best Director (Marty for "Hugo, cinephiles are allowed to only call him Marty at this point.). Where's my money?

Second Place for Best Dressed
 
At first glance, Nominee Charlize Theron looks like a boring pale mess in this faint blush Dior number but the more you stare at, the more it looks almost punkish. Call me insane, but after Emma Stone, she's runner up for Best Dressed of the night. 

Assisted with Cartier jewelry, the super-amazing headband that makes me wish my hair was in its long state so I could steal that headband and wear it just as good, and those Givenchy shoes which are more hard against this pixie-like dress, hence making it look very punk. Oh Charlize, I think I have fallen in love with you after seeing you rock out to The Gossip in the Dior commercial.




Cecile B. DeMille Award Makes Me Hot

Best tweet of the night "i love to take a bath in a casket... I think I just got a female boner. Morgan Feeman" and forgetting how sensuous Sidney Poiter's slow speaking voice really is (hot damn), the Cecile B. DeMille award last night was poignant, moving, adorable/adorkable, and sexual done by three geniuses, including Helen Mirren who wished to play a penguin in Freeman's narrated film "March of the Penguins." After being the narrator of Glee's Becky Jackson's internal mind, Mirren could get away with being a penguin. While there were tears of gratefulness for one of our greatest actors, this clip from The Electric Company got more hits than Lady Gaga's Bad Romance. Better him than her, I think.

 
I like my British Men Rude

Hugh Grant, misinterpreted Colin Firth (rawr, wait that's just sexy), the few times Jack Davenport got "douchey" (as much as I hate that word) on Coupling and Ricky Gervais. I like my British men rude and a little crazy. so honestly, if Gervais had to subdue himself to appease the oversensitive Hollywood Foriegn Press, or Hollywood in general, then he did what he sought out to do. 

  • The physical comedy with Madonna, hysterical (although Elton John's face of "Bitch please" also solidified the moment).
  • "They actually gave me a list of rules. I'm going to ignore them, but I thought it would be good to read them out. This is real, ok? No profanity. That's fine. I've got a huge vocabulary. No nudity. See, that's a shame. Because I've got a huge ... vocabulary. But a tiny penis. No, no. Doesn't matter. It works. Don't worry about it. It's fine." (Self-beration is funny, Hollywood)
  • "What's with all the divorces? What's going on? Arnold and Maria, J-Lo and Mark Anthony, Ashton and Demi. Kim Kardashian and some guy no one will remember. He wasn't around long. Seventy-two days. A marriage that lasted 72 days. I've sat through longer James Cameron acceptance speeches." (Because James Cameron is an egomaniac)
  • "[Boardwalk Empire is] about a load of immigrants who came to America about a 100 years ago and they got involved in bribery and corruption and worked their way up into high society. But enough about the Hollywood Foreign Press ... They do a lot of charity work and they’re a nonprofit organization -- just like NBC." (because it's OK to pick on the channel it's on, just not the other channels)
But it's not for any of us to defend his jokes, he had good moments just sometimes rudeness has a piece of truth in it. So please Hollywood, if you dislike Gervais so much and force him to go to Entertainment Weekly and have to write one huge defense article picking apart every joke of his for Hollywood to understand -- what is he doing? Hire someone else if you don't fucking like it. I, just happen to like it 'cos I have a lot of British friends. <end of rant> 

PUPPEH!!!

Because this is the best moment to end on. 
Seriously. Uggie, thou'rt adorable beyond words and words!



0 remarks:

Post a Comment