July 27th's Single Espresso Shot Hot Spot Vspot

by 1:42 PM
You know when all your favorite things kinda happen at once?

Be prepared for ultimate voguegasmness.






Fo shiz.


Because Bats are People Too!!!

For about two years in college I have waited and listened to Ms. Suzie Tiscia talk over and over again about how damned adorable her Gummy Bear Ice Cream screenplay and Dendrophile Bat comics are -- I remember seeing the original Dendrophiles filled with Latin language jokes and more intellectual silliness, but this is her first comic in... how many years again?... with its own website and blog. And dear God, did I mention it's as adorable as my travel-sized b.f.? Let's get this viral, folks!






Rachel the Hat

From one of my favorite people already on my list to my new favorite, courtesy of Bust Magazine's "She's Got the Look," I basically found the Welsh version of me... but cuter... and with better clothes. As if my love for all things Welsh was borderline crazy, this beautiful fashion blogger has officially made it much more difficult. But Rachel, you're still one of my new favorite people!!





Oz the Great and Powerful

This trailer has got it "going on" -- beautiful lush cinematography that only only the producers of Alice in Wonderland could come up with. But despite all the pretty visuals which rendered me speechless with a singular "wow" attached to the youtube link on facebook, James Franco after his inability to host the Oscars? the bland Michelle Williams? But it's a prequel to the Wizard of Oz! And it has Zach Braff in it!! I would take a step to the side and look at this and try so hard to not swoon over the visuals. Let's just hope it doesn't suck!








The Lizzie Bennet Diaries 2.0

Like, oh my God, what if they had web cams and computers back in Jane Austen's day and all the beautiful Austen language in her stories can be seen from day to day, I say satirically with a hand on my forehead. But there's no hate, just amusement for The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, being an avid fan of Austen novels in original form but I like to see what people do with them. Ashley Clements documents all of this through her subjective and not a third person Austen-voice; modernizing all of the issues documented in Pride and Prejudice. Unfortunately it looks all DIY as if Clements did it herself, but the real masterminds are Hank Green and Bernie Su. But from the first episode which I have seen, it looks fun and silly and I have yet to find a web series to attach so I'm intending on putting extra battery juice on my new Touch phone and watching everything. This is promising. 


Raveonettes are "Dancing in the Streets"

Sharin Foo and Sune Rose Wagner are keeping at it, and as hipster as ever in their new video for "She Owns the Streets" which the chorus will catch you as much as "Dead Sound" or "That Great Love Sound" has -- these two make beautiful awesome music together and in good timing after not having an album out since their lesser par "Raven in the Grave" came out early last year, it was only time until they fine-tuned their sound and kept that awesome synth-heavy sound we all know and love for Observator that comes out next month. I LOVE YOU SHARIN! ahem.



WARNING! This next clip has two girl fashionsters making out!

Allow me to jump on the band wagon right away to announce: JACK AND DIANE IS NOT A FUCKING LESBIAN WEREWOLF MOVIE! Leave that to Stephanie Meyer to come up with that. Remember Black Swan? Watch Jack and Diane with that in mind. 

Anyway, while in no shape and form like what John Mellencamp came up with, Jack and Diane, like I first presented in September 26th's Super-Massive Vspot as three of my favorite actresses come together, Juno Temple (who I saw this year in Cracks, oh my blr!), Riley Keough (who was unfortunately butched down to keep with "gender roles" so stupid) and Jena Malone. Screw Kylie Minogue, although she supplies the music and another pair of lips all over Juno. 

But like I said in that vspot, the werewolf thing is a total subliminal thing. In fact, the original two actresses who paired up in Juno, Ellen Page and Olivia Thirlby, were planned on being casted -- Page herself was interviewed about this project back in 2008 with podbean.com and this sets every single "lesbian werewolf" rumor to rest. 
PB: clear up the werewolf part of it. is it - 

EP: okay, i will clear that up right now. 

PB: please tell everybody this is not a lesbian werewolf movie. 
EP: this is not a lesbian werewolf movie. 
PB: okay 
EP: it's about two girls, two individuals, fall in love in new york city, and one of them is leaving to go to school and doesn't tell the other. and it's extremely still and it's a beautiful love story and yes there is some - there is a scene where one of the characters has a dream and there's a werewolf and it's metaphorical and so forth. yeah. 
The trailer looks so wonderfully promising but DID THEY HAVE TO DOWNPLAY RILEY KEOUGH'S LOOKS?? That's the one bad thing of this whole situation but if anything -- she looks like good ol' Grandpa Elvis.



Bat is Back!! 

And by bat I mean the wonderfully hipster Natasha Khan, with her newest album (with a naked cover!) The Haunted Man coming out October and as soon as I read this in BUST Magazine, her single "Laura" popped up on youtube. Yup, the last few weeks have made me tingle in parts I have completely forgotten about!


0 remarks:

Post a Comment