7 Summer Beauty Musts from Hair to Body

by 12:35 PM
I love reading these kind of articles because I find myself influenced, so I hope to impart a little of my everyday routine on to whoever's reading! (Within feminine standards anyway)

Colorful Hair Clips and especially ones that are psychotically cheap (IC'ian ladies, look no further than Silver Spiders $1 or $2 tables, depending on your taste, I got this one in the picture for 2 dollars because I'm a sucker for darker colors, makes the hair color stand out more) and it's even better if you immediately put it in afterwards. I have to warn you though after wearing it on a 100 degree day of July 4th, the hair put up in said hair clip will be drenched with sweat. 

Despite all the effort I put into my hair, having it perfectly dried and rounded under (since the right side of my hair tends to flip out) I still put my hair up after all that effort, and said effort goes into Garnier Fructise XXL Volume Mousse (which is very effective), 

Garnier Fructise Sleek and Shine Blow Dry Protector and Fructise Style Brilliantine Shine Glossing Spray because I'm a perfectionist like that. And with my quickly growing hair, it is very thankful for my official three steps that really altogether costs under ten dollars. You can get these for fairly cheap at CVS at 3.99 depending what the product is and... it's magical. Like unicorns and rainbows magical.








One of the many things that makes my hairline sweat like me on July 4th (this year's holiday was hell on a stick for me) is Viveca Jensen's awesome workout of Piloxing and while I'm always slow on the up-keep on these things in being a newbie to the workout world, there is something rewarding between ballet-inspired cool-downs and the mixture of pilates and kickboxing. And maybe also a slight criticism on the moans and groans of the workout army behind Jensen (not that I'm complaining... it wakes me up a little... ahem). 

But otherwise it's a great workout although it doesn't nearly stretch my body out like yoga or straight pilates can but it helps me eat a whole lot more during the day. Is that the goal of Jensen's mantra of "Sleek. Sexy. Powerful" exactly? Because despite the dancing portions in the video I find myself at my most feminine (maybe sexy?) just during the ballet-inspired cool-downs. Not everyone enjoys dancing and I find that intrusive. But again, it's fun and anything to melt away the excess around my triceps, right? Jensen even becomes relatable as she throws in a little silliness and "I feel it too" or "It's OK, just a little longer" as if sympathizing that yeah, it sucks but it's rewarding, and the process will make you laugh at her. That's what a good DVD instructor should do and that makes all the criticism for this workout melt off a little. Again, like the excess around my triceps, in time.


There is one arena of beauty that will NEVER make me critical and it's the world of Essie Weingarten or better known as just Essie. But I got to hand it to Weingarten for the latest line, Mirror Metallics, metallic but not too overwhelming and not so summery but enough to go with summer outfits. Sheer perfection, I say as I am wearing Blue Rhapsody at the moment. 

And while Nylon Magazine did influence me towards Essie, paying $7.49 or $8 for the little bastards at CVS, I can also blame Musings for Manhattan. And since I am rather susceptible to the power of Nylon Magazine anyway, I had to follow their word for Biore Make-Up Removing Towlettes and ho-lee crap, it's worth the $6. If makeup wipes are $6, it really cannot be worth it and just take it off with your face wash -- um, no you have to convert to this power. It doesn't smell like alcohol! It smells a little fruity! It has slight ridges so it grabs makeup really good! If that doesn't get you, just read Nylon, they probably worded it better than I did. 

0 remarks:

Post a Comment