Movies to Look Forward To... Or I Read This Month's BUST Magazine

by 2:21 PM
But first I must tell everyone, if LCD Soundsystem's "Shut Up and Play the Hits" is in your area, I recommend to go see it -- you get the satisfaction of seeing a great farewell concert as well as a painful war going on in the lead singer's, James Murphy, decision on breaking apart the band and the great question if its smart to stop while you're at the top or to fizz away and become... oh I don't know... Aerosmith? It's slow and atmospheric, Murphy's dog has the best moments in the documentary and I'm surprised not knowing the music or the band at all that I found myself falling in love with James Murphy, loving the live versions of the  songs after listening to the studio versions. It's perfect! Watch it!


If documentaries don't do it for you, there's always a cute musical/music movie coming out October 5th called "Pitch Perfect" which I think looks hysterical because I love a music competition movie (Glee or Sister Act anyone?) and it has a female cast that I adore (but not as nearly as much as I love the cast of Jack and Diane) out of Anna Kendrick, Brittany Snow and my new fave the blond and voluptuous Rebel Wilson.


Ditching music altogether, unless you count the sounds of wind across Yorkshire moors (squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!) my favorite book of all time, Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights"is out October 5th (or known as Satanic weekend for everything fun is happening that weekend) and we're going for full accuracy from James Howson looking beautiful like the dark gypsy boy Bronte envisioned to filming in North Yorkshire. But as many perks the movie has against say, the BBC productions or the Olivier version (which I hold in my heart as a classic despite being incomplete), a lot of the reviews have been cruel to this adaptation. But I think you really shouldn't say anything about it until the public has seen it so, October 5th, get here faster, I'll watch you the next weekend!


And yeah, "Oz the Great and Powerful" too...

0 remarks:

Post a Comment