"In My Closet" or I'd Rather be Naked in Front of A/C but I'm Wearing This Instead

by 12:36 PM
Everyone who has been around me since Solstice knows that all I ever do is bitch about the weather, which defeats my reasoning for never bitching about cold weather. But I'm a polar bear! Me likes cold! So in the attempts of staying cool, I'm trying to wear modest thin layers in the two outfits I've documented.

Quite possibly the cutest shirt I have at the moment (badass award goes to my Nylon Magazine t-shirt) is a light Angel sleeve penguin shirt. You may not see it right away in the first picture but low and behold... tis tiny penguins in a tiny chorus line! (Yeah I said chorus line, what of it?)


The questionable part of this $10.50 top from Mimi Chica that I found at Revival is where it lands on the waist, making anything I wear with it for jeans or skirts would make me look a little bottom heavy. But, I can look past that fashion faux pas and absolutely love this thing. This wins over my Peace Generation pink sparkly penguins for sure!

And as we all know, given that my main love for polka dots never die -- so once more when I enter the "Holy Gates" of Revival I find a very adorable $10.50 loose white tank top with a tie ruffled collar full of navy blue polka dots from Old Navy, girl has to jump for any polka dots they can find. 

Since shapeless and thin is possibly the best option next to strategic apartment nudism, I was a little hesitant about how it makes me a little larger which is why I went for my red jeans -- and yeah, maybe I did wear this on the fourth, what of it? -- to give the whole outfit a little more density. Downside of this top exactly? having to wear a cami underneath, but this is the most known top from my closet in the past three weeks since I bought it.

And how cute is this $14 (but got it for $12 at a Revival 20 percent off sale) R Tease dress? The light cotton, although black and black is bad for summertime, itself is good for a moderate day, which today was but I think despite the double-breasted gold buttons (which I absolutely love) makes me look a little top heavy but in the long run, all you need is a belt but kudos to R. Tease for making my boobs look awesome!











0 remarks:

Post a Comment