In My Closet and Through the Looking Glass: Summer Essens!

by 2:17 PM
Just as summer is finally getting boring towards the end and some of us just can't wait for it to be over (fall cannot get here fast enough); What did we learn about fashion this summer? Or rather, what kind of outfits can you get away with in the summer? What do we have to look forward to?


I thought you'd never ask.

Coming Up Polka Dots

Polka Dot Skirt (Revival $7) Dress (Ragstock est. $14)








It seems rather ridiculous for me to pin-point polka dots just in the summer, because polka dots are so adaptable and um... awesome? Here is a skirt I really do swear by, other than the fact it's more of a high waist and rather tight on me and a dress I never seem to wear enough! But despite the drawbacks of these polka-dotables, they are rather summery and the skirt is a fantastic transition into fall.



 

D-D-D-Denim
Denim Skirt (Ragstock $5) Union Jack Shirt (Gordmans est $13)
This Month's Nylon is begging for you to look at your denim differently, colored jeans (skeptical island, population me), skirts, dresses, and even a really cute dark washed suit blazer that I'm in love with. What am I going to do with this fall trend for summer? The only thing you should do, go completely 90s with a Union Jack, leggings and my trademark biker boots. I feel like my childhood fashion heroes: Daria and Clarissa Darling all in one!





Colorables
 This fantastic twirable pink baby doll has already made its appearance in my vspot, and I love it so much I had to advertise it here as well. Neon is a huge staple this summer and if you can find one good bright color (my yellow leggings or this pink doll top) it will be easy and natural to dress it down with some duller fall accessories or, as my solution for everything is biker boots. It's making a comeback I tell you!

Yellow Lace Dress (Revival $7) White Crochet Dress (Revival est. $12)
While pink is fine for every so often, I'm finding my own signature color combination is surprisingly white and yellow. They are so close together on the color wheel they shouldn't look right together! Depending on your taste (or pain tolerance for bright colors), it works... darker yellows will look better with white. And this yellow dress, since my flip phone does me no favors, it's all lace starting at the bust until the hem at the bottom. And I swear by this white dress. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I must say I love your taste and style!

    :) And autumn is almost there ;)

    ReplyDelete