Dream Mission Creek Concerts

by 12:07 PM
Like I have headlined in A Very Squeakable V-Spot , it's almost Mission Creek season! It's a magical time of year when every night from April 2-7th is full of music, Public Space One becomes the student radio station's it-hang out spot anytime of the day, and there's free swag if you know where to look! I look forward to Mission Creek as I look forward to Halloween or Christmas, it is a staple in my world. So if money was no object and I was planning a few concerts during this blessed time of year; well, let's just say I would never recover!

...the Acoustic Concert
feat. Milk and Eggs, Awful Purdies, Charlotte Martin, Erin and Her Cello, Lady Lamb the Beekeeper

One concert just for the girls, ranging from my favorite local lady musicians (Milk and Eggs, Awful Purdies) to my everlasting love to some of the greatest underrated female lyricists on this planet (Charlotte Martin, Erin and her Cello) and of course, my dream b.f.f. rounding out the night with some bitching acoustic sounds, promoting her album that's coming out February 19th!! Of course all of them in one night is too much to handle but I simply couldn't break them apart.

...the Hipstery Rock Concert 
feat. Christopher the Conquered, Stars, Mother Mother

Because I want one solid night of my favorite lyrics of all time, for Ames's Christopher Ford and his band (with or without the brass section, they're badass either way!) blow my brain every time I see him/them. Stars is self explanatory because they are just simply one of the greatest modern rock bands, including Mother Mother with their all-over-the-map genre but lyrics that remain prolific and at times, a little nutty.

...the Hipstery Lo-Fi Rock Concert
feat. Hey Rosetta!, Ramona Falls, Helio Sequence

Already haven seen Ramona Falls and Helio Sequence go back-to-back at the Mill a few months ago, I want to recreate that awesome "let the music encompass you in the least pot-influence possible" and Hey Rosetta!'s strings and piano driven music when intelligent lyrics would fit in perfectly -- preferably at the Mill so I can eat myself into a cheesy portal to hell.

...the concert Anyone who is Anyone has to be at
feat. Dressy Bessy and Dum Dum Girls

Wanting Dressy Bessy back in town is purely selfish reasoning, having seen them back in '08 when I fell madly in love with Tammy Ealom. And paring them off with one of the noisiest yet amazing girl bands on this planet... OK that's selfish too because I would love for Dee Dee to sign my "He Gets Me High" EP.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment