Top 10 Favorite Muppet Quotes

by 9:54 PM


Some true Muppet fans cannot wait any longer for "The Muppets" -- their first movie since 1999's "Muppets in Space" -- coming out November 23rd. In the lieu of these 12 years, what have we been doing other than re-watching Jim Henson's greatest DVD collections of The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, and the original skits in SNL as well as the movies (Fraggle Rock I lay claim to as of the past weekend...) Since 80s/90s culture is coming back full swing thanks to TeenNick as well as the return of the Muppets, I think it's time to walk through the Ghosts of Muppets Past -- and the top 10 epic Muppet quotes (to me anyway).


1. "Light the lamp, not the rat" - Rizzo, Muppet Christmas Carol
2. "Bear Left!" "Right, frog!" - Kermit then Fozzie, Muppet Movie 

3. "But it seems to me the frog and the bear are temporarily out of service." - Dr. Teeth, Muppet Movie 
 
4. "Look, Mother. It's my life. OK. So if I want to live on a beach and walk around naked... Oh."    -  Janice, The Great Muppet Caper 

5. "Hey kitty, nice kitty... I'M FROM JERSEY!" - Rizzo, Muppet Christmas Carol  

6. "God save my little broken body." - Rizzo, Muppet Christmas Carol 

  7. "A bear in his natural habitat... a Studebaker." - Fozzie, Muppet Movie
8. "I'm on my way to New York City to try to break into public television." - Big Bird, Muppet Movie 

9. "I love it, but of course, I know fifty ways to love your lever." - Paul Simon, The Muppet Show 
 
10. "Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it IS "artistic."" - Janice, Muppets Take Manhattan


3 comments:

  1. I can't really see the Muppets as cute because they always have a really satirical edge ... so ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. olalllalllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    U made my day with those, B :D

    Well i watched them as a kiddo so I cannot stand for the satirical part of it all because i cannot recall a lot of dialogs and monologues from the show, but they r cute in appearance :)

    ReplyDelete