In My Closet: Love Letters to My Clothes

by 7:14 PM
Dear Zooey Deschanel Dress I just Bought Today,

I have looked at you on the rack at Revival over many many months - I thought you looked over-sized for my new figure, the color a little off for my skin tone, and too thin looking being just an overlay. But I have honored the detailing of your retro button trim and bow tie which I do promise I will learn how to tie more effectively without looking lop-sided. On the upside, I'm happy I brought you home with me like a good puppy and that the girl at the register was happy it was finally getting sold - in a good way. I knew you were worth it although I could have bought an accessory building t-shirt dress but as a primary rule of shopping at Revival, one should focus on statement pieces. So really, you were the better option. wizard. You will be the first outfit I publicly hula hoop in. I shall wear you to work on Monday, I don't care of the dress code. 

I'm yours.

Dear Amazing Biker Boots from Lorenz's

You were the most unexpected surprise, the only shoes that were close to good enough for my horribly disformed feet. I have always wanted biker boots... I have watched "Daria" far too much to know that you can do multiple things with biker boots, especially transforming everything somewhere between masculine and feminine. I have been waiting forever for you. But your "sister" the tan ankle boots are still waiting for me, your supervisor still has them on hold so hopefully you will see her very soon. 

I'm yours.



Dear Neck-Tie earrings from Ragstock,

I have no words. NO. WORDS. Oh my Blog.

I'm yours.









0 remarks:

Post a Comment