Academy Awards Best Dressed Women

by 9:33 PM
Because I both love dresses and women, so the Academy Awards is basically a huge drool-fest for me, myself, and my twitter feed which I hope many of you enjoyed. So who were my favorites of the night? And in no particular order...


Bridesmaids' Wendi McLendon-Covey in a perfect, pale, could-be prom dress but it ends up looking like a fabulous (as much as I hate that adjective) in a pale and silver Simin Couture and Simon G. jewels.


Bridesmaids' costar Maya Rudolph looks her best in my favorite shade of a wine-colored purple Johanna Johnson dress and  Neil Lane jewels to counter the dark color. Did I mention I seriously love this color?



Shiny, looking like tinfoil but this is so well sculpted to her curvy body, Stacy Keibler (or the future Mrs. George Clooney) looks perfect in a slight mermaid-style Golden Marchesa gown.


 We all know how I adore Kelly Osbourne and I cannot go a Friday without watching her so seeing her cracking up so hard at the end of the Red Carpet coverage over Ryan Seacrest getting "pancake-bombed" by The Dictator (Sasha Baron-Coen) in a Badgley Mischka beaded dress that makes her body more magical than usual I was resting my head on a table laughing hard too!


Giuliana Rancic looked strangely radiant and I couldn't tell whether it was her fantastic makeup or having her hair up or maybe it's just the confidence exuding off of this beaded Tony Ward gown. This is probably my favorite neckline of the night though, that shape does magic for women.


Sometimes it's how a woman wears the dress versus how it looks on her body that makes a dress legendary at the Oscars. Case in point, Tina Fey in a black Carolina Herrera which gives her volume in the right places -- the volume around the waist gives a great hourglass shape from the breast to the waist and that is OK with me... I say that as I pervily grin. 





So what if Emma Stone is inspired by Nicole Kidman's 2007 Balenciaga and most of the sites think she's a worst dress? I like this fuschia-red Jean Baptiste Valey dress although I would suggest tying or downgrading the bow by an inch; it's not our fault that Nicole Kidman has a giraffe neck. 



I didn't see Gwyneth Paltrow's white-white Calvin Klein dress and and cape right away but after our fashion panel which included Modern Family's fashionista Sarah Hyland pointed her out, I was bowled over by the perfect sharp angular lines, the straightness of the cape made the neckline angles look extremely clean and so oddly Swedish-Ikea like... how can you not love this?  


Let's pull away from the fact I do not like Angelina Jolie (paraphrasing from a short interview she did on the red carpet: I don't let my children watch these things, they don't really know what Mummy and Daddy do. Oh shut up, that's restricting no matter what good interest there is in that) and look at this amazing dress. She purposefully posed on stage so everyone could over-enjoy the slit, but what I enjoyed out of this black Versace gown was the crazy details -- blow this picture up and look at the folds in the dress, is it velvet? It looks like and if not, that's some crazy folding work. But who would find anything less in Versace?

I'm so happy that polka dots can make an odd quirky appearance but on the person I least expected it on. Despite the strange hem line about the waist and not entirely fitted around the waist, I actually do really love this dress without the necklace. Polka dots are a huge statement. Kelly Osbourne, I'm speaking directly to you with a request to wear polka dots next year. I would love to see Christian Siriano play with polka dots and Kelly in said dress. Make this a reality!!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment