December 10th's A Very Blizzardry Tuesday Evening Vspot

by 8:49 PM
Yes, I know that drivers hate snow with a rough abandon; but if you live in Iowa, you have to expect that. At this very moment, the weather is saying -20 degrees and lower with 1 to 2 inches of snow and crazy wind chill until tomorrow noon. And you know what I say? Bring it. The idea of Christmas, to me, always involves snow and I'm depressed when we have snowless winters... what's the point? You may call me nuts for this, but as Icona Pop wisely sang, "I don't care... I love it."

This Girl's Birthday Presents to herself
(Yes, those are owls with scarves)

It's Guy Love 2.0

I literally have no words. I don't even have a backstory, just this general awesomeness.

 
 
 It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year... Christmas What?
 
 
Emile Zola on Screen?
 
Yes yes, this little adapted author is finally getting some screen time through an adaptation of his "Therese Raquin" and Elizabeth Olsen, my homegirl, is playing the typical Zolan anti-heroine stuck in a loveless marriage (to Tom Felton of all people!). She starts cheating on her arranged cousin-husband with Oscar Isaac's Laurent LeClaire and although under the influence of a domineering mother in law (The immortal Jessica Lange), Therese tries to claim her independence. I have a feeling someone is going to die in this movie.... And Matt Lucas (Community, Little Britain, Les Miserables: the 25th Anniversary Concert) is in it toooo!!!!!!!! I definitely have to give Charlie Stratton credit for going with originality. Ten points to Griffyndor?
 
Slated to be released February 21st, 2014.
 
 
The Music of the Night is Really a Baby Bat Doing This...

 Guess what Macaulay Culkin is Doing...
It's Pretty Amazing....
 
 
What would be the most epic thing everyone's favorite child actor could do with his reputed washed up stance as a celebrity? Besides his epic role in Party Monster...
You can't guess? Along with his pals, Matt Colbourn, Phoebe Kreutz, Deenah Vollmer, and Austin Kilham, they are calling themselves The Pizza Underground, spoofing our recently departed Glam God, Lou Reed's pride and joy, in the name of pizza. And I personally love every second from Cheese Days to Papa John Says. It's absolutely genius and you can download it all for free here at bandcamp. Don't say I didn't warn you of this awesomeness.
 
 
My Favorite Christmas Song... Acoustic!