June 10th's A Very Quiet Rainy Afternoon V-Spot

by 3:20 PM
Between Jazz Fest and Arts Fest lies a very boring and unfortunately workless month for me. Thank God for the internet and pop culture. What would I be without you?

Boring...

...and a little less cool?




Guy Love 2.0
 
What is better than seeing the cast of Wish I Was Here in the same room as you as you watch the movie? Oh IDK, seeing that bromance endures between Zach Braff and Donald Faison? It's practically perfect that the both of them came out singing "Guy Love" in Austin's Paramount Theater proving that their guy love is life long. <3
 
 
Sometimes All You Need is
Sharon van Etten and an Omnicord
 
 
 
"Are We There" has been out for two weeks and while it has a fuller and somewhat louder/cheaper sound than "Tramp," it continues to humble and evolve all that is Ms. van Etten. So when Sharon wanders around Refinery29's office with an omnicord to result in this performance, you better fucking listen! And I did, melted while all the while staring at this strange and magical instrument that is the omnicord. I'm in love but when am I not?
 
Madison's "In the Bright Light" EP
IS OUT, OUT OUT!
 
And it's magical! And danceable! And Madison sounds even sexier and
 mysterious than ever before!
 




 
Magic in the Moonlight Trailer
 
 
We all knew that Emma Stone was collaborating with the infamous Mr. Woody Allen for awhile now; but we officially have visual proof of this! "Magic in the Moonlight" proves to be some kind of experiment between fact versus faith, cynicism versus love, Emma Stone in over a million fantastically designed 30's style outfits, Emma Stone kissing Colin Firth for every girl in our generation and Emma Stone looking like a Katharine Hepburn incarnation! Experiment fulfilled; now can July 25th get here any faster?
 
 
It's Still a Hard Day's Night
50 Years Later...
 
 
Some of my earliest memories involve getting The Beatles's first movie from the movie store (remember those?) and watching it on constant repeat. My brother would memorize visually and audial every move Ringo Starr made on the drums and I was somehow enthralled in the songs that were not the headliners like "Can't Buy Me Love" and the title track. Well, this strange little movie has a Criterion reincarnation come June 24th including 4K digital restoration and dozens of documentaries and features that would make the unofficial film historian in me do happy dance laps around my apartment.
 
Let's not just stop there, the first Beatles flick is also coming to theaters in July! I'm seriously not kidding. Des Moines or Chicago, I am coming for you! I have to! I mean it! Seriously! *pouts* I'm not, am I?
 
 

0 remarks:

Post a Comment