2014: The Year of the Coconut Oil

by 10:33 PM

It was a year ago today that I forgot ALL my shower toiletries at my parents' house over the Christmas holiday. (Don't ask how I managed that...) By a stroke of luck and my incessant need to further my beauty routine, I discovered that coconut oil can indeed wash your face without all the product from your usual face wash. 8 dollars later, I became a believer. So I must dub 2014 The Year of the Coconut Oil over the fifty million ways I have used it thus far.

  • Lessening the intensity of stretch marks (which really just turns them white if you do it too often...)
  • As a great face toner
  • Oil pulling (for real, it works!)
  • Attempting to reduce the jungle of cellulite on my ass and the back of my legs
  • Massage oil
  • As a little something extra in my pedicure routine
  • An overall body moisturerizer and lotion (especially after you shave your legs)
  • As a dry skin remover on elbows, knees and ankles
There are a million and one websites that show even more ways to use this magical oil, but this is what I got so far. What are the ways you use cocononut oil, if at all?