February 16th's "SPRING! No Winter... SPRING!" Hot Spot Vspot

by 2:00 PM
Good things haven't been tickling my girl spots as often as I would like, other than getting my copy of Sharon van Etten's "Tramp" which will be inked up in another month - cue me beet red and giggling like a sixteen year old - and a few more assorted pieces of van Etten news.

... When Two Worlds Collide ...


Covering everything from her performance Jimmy Fallon (which I put in January 20th's Holy Snow Vspot) and the etymology and reasoning for naming her newest (and best) album "Tramp," Sharon is talking to my Godhead Magazine otherwise known as Nylon. This... is... happiness (and why is everyone playing Serpents? I'm currently obsessed with Leonard, which she made a mini-performance/music video for another fantastic fashion magazine, the British i-D)









Daniel Radcliffe does Nylon... with Bitching Coattails

I've always been a Harry Potter movie-fan, someday I'll get to the books but until then, I will be keeping an eye on Mr. Radcliffe's career, of which I'm loving his carefree gaming British self. Already out in the mildly successful "The Woman in Black" then an impending Allen Ginsberg project., he's pulling out nay-sayers yet enduring praise from his fans since Harry-hood including people saying "Hey, he can be more than just Harry." Did I mention his episode of SNL? Oh Lord. Outside of the film franchise, he proves to be edgy, sarcastic, everything I could want in a model British boy-crush. He shows this side in a perfect feature for Nylon Magazine and makes historical fashion immortal with, " I have quite a sexy costume on in this film, but that’s kind of where it ends -- it’s the waistcoat. I, without blowing my own trumpet, I wear that shit well." He really does.



Support Hipster Art! 

Yale Cohen, a local fixture in Iowa City broadcasting, sits down with some of my marshmallow peeps from Public Space One to talk about S.O.U.P., Iowa City Arts, and pretty much what goes down (literally) in the Jefferson Building's basement. If you're local and haven't been here for a Little Village Concert (which is every Wednesday at five), I suggest you go 'cos there's free chocolate chip cookies and fun strange folks there. But don't worry, they don't bite or... anything...

Concert Lovin'

When it gets warm here in town, it only means one thing -- more live music than normal and more concert pictures here on voguegasm. This is why Mission Creek Festival exists, to fully usher in spring with as many indie musicians as humanly possible. 

1. Jenny Owen Youngs Rocks My Face, Java Blend, February 10th

 

 Milk and Eggs (Jordan Sellergren), Live at Java House, February 10th



(Note: Miss Sellergren has graced voguegasm before in September 22nd's Crispy and Crunchy Vspot and has remained on voguegasm's radar since)




(unfortunately I did not get pictures at these events, I was on Usher Duty)

Zoe Keating at The Englert, February 13th

 
 Skye Carrasco/Talkdemonic at The Englert, February 15th



0 remarks:

Post a Comment