October 21st's Very Long Overdue V-Spot

by 11:37 PM
Between coffee-tasting and tea-tasting days (there's a difference!), I have been putting my creative writing on a higher priority so between the new playlist and that Hocus Pocus piece, the blog juices are a-flowing and the V-Spot folder in my bookmarks is full of things that are pretty amazing. I repeat, amazing.

"Penny Dreadful" is Bleeding 
to Come Back!


And honestly, I can't wait! "Penny Dreadful" is a feast for the Victorian-loving senses (and you can quote me on that!). While I can honestly say that the first season's storyline being all knitted and tied up too quickly is the possible downfall of John Logan's series despite the amazing acting from Eva Green, Harry Treadway and Josh Hartnett. But one season is one season, a way for Showtime to know what they have. But let's just hope that Logan will be able to embellish and, like a good Victorian novel, spend pages and pages describing this beautiful sense of longing with these Gothic characters. For now, let's enjoy a promo because "the past [might] return." Bring it! I'm ready!

(Josh Hartnett making out with Reeve Carney again! Josh Hartnett making out with Reeve Carney again! I mean, ahem....)




Penny Dreadful Season 1 is AVAILABLE NOW ON DVD! So you know what to get me for my birthday or Christmas, right? Right???



Say Goodbye to Mr. Mickey Rooney 
in the latest adaptation of "Strange Case of Dr.
Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"

With two well accolighted veteran actors in Margaret O'Brien and the late Mickey Rooney, B. Luciano Barsuglia's adaptation of the Robert Louis Stevenson story looks pretty good to me. Add the 12th Doctor's distant cousin, actor Gianni Capaldi playing Mr. Hyde and we certainly have a strange production coming our way. Toss into the weird salad two actors playing the normally dual role, Mickey Rooney not dressed in Victorian attire, and the trailer still feeling somewhat ambiguous, damn it, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THIS IS! Tell me what magical insanity this is! Please?
Let's Take a Moment to Remind Ourselves
Sean Lennon is Awesome-r Than the
Rest of Us
I literally have no words to explain how awesome this is. So let us take these magical four minutes to take in this man's brilliant words.
Amen. Blessed Be.
And Another Reason Why Donkeyboy 
is My "Hero" ... and not in a Bette Midler
Kind of Way ...


There is absolutely no lie when I say that Donkeyboy is amazing and have the inability to suck, because Cato Sundberg is amazing with everything he composes. While he can't take the whole credit for this new song "Hero" as this was the first 100 % Donkeyboy-produced and written song with the exception of a few lyrics thrown in by Canadian songstress Kiesza (who also helped out on "Triggerfinger"). But damn it, this is just good and Scandipop is right that you start singing along midway through. I'm starting to lose the words of how good these guys are. Just, damn it!
Check out the boys performing the new hit on NRK TV!

Ages and Ages NEW VIDEO!


Remember that band that I mentioned once that their music could help change the world? Yeah, they took that opening song from the album and made it into a beautiful video. Despite the fact they dumped the driving introduction that absolutely rocks my socks off, the video is full of the intricate work of instruments and voices shot-by-shot. And that's amazing. So I must share this because every time someone plays Ages and Ages, humanity receives more hope. I really hope I'm right about that. Oh, and Tim Perry talks to his cat.


Conan O'Brien Holds George Harrison
Week and It Was...



...Lukewarm. I'm sorry, it was totally lukewarm with some pretty dynamic moments. I have always loved Mr. O'Brien and everything he associates himself with (that epic throw-down three-way between him, John Stewart and Stephen Colbert? Uh, yeah.). With the advent of Harrison's reissued "The Apple Years: 1968-1975," the O'Brien bandwagon leapt to showcase many artists throughout the week playing in the former Beatle's honor. And it was... yeah, it was very lukewarm.
Beck kicked off the week with a classic from "All Things Must Pass" which came across well-played but with not much vocal strength. Tuesday was blessed by Paul Simon covering "Here Comes the Sun" and once more, there was something lacking I just wasn't feeling. The Bob Dylan-esque vocals, perhaps? Harrison's own son came on Wednesday night to serve the world the best night covering not only a rocking yet simultaneously soulful "Let it Down" but also a web exclusive featuring Jon Bates of Big Black Delta giving a folky rendition of "Ballad of Frankie Crisp (Let it Roll)." Norah Jones finished off the week with a pretty not incredibly exciting "Behind the Locked Door"
But that was only the tip of a very cool iceberg as Sunday night was George Fest at the Los Angeles' Fonda Theater, which was just a huge explosion of music, including Brian Wilson, "Weird Al" Yankovic, The Killers, Dhani Harrison, Spoon, Velvet Revolver, "that guy" from The Eurythmics Dave Stewart, Ringo Starr, Kara DioGuardi, Ann Wilson, The Flaming Lips, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club among many others. This magical night was not only a George Harrison "church service," so to speak, but also a benefit for the Jameson Neighborhood Fund which 100 percent of the tickets went to. You can watch a lot of the magic here. But Mr. O'Brien proved his Beatle nerdiness as he covered "Old Black Shoe" both vocally and on guitar. I immediately gave infinity points to Gryffindor. 

And the Honorary V-Spot Award of Life 
Goes to...
ME GETTING A PICTURE WITH SHARON VAN ETTEN LAST MONDAY!
You can see it all on my face, "Dear Goddess, her arm is around me and WHAT THE HELL her head is on my cheek. Keep it together B! *internally screaming*"

0 remarks:

Post a Comment