February 10th's Chai Latte Cupcake-Fueled V-Spot

by 7:28 PM
Beatles and Celebrities "Come Together"
for one Big Beatles-Love Fest
(And it was AWESOME!)
 
 
Last night was the 50th year anniversary of when the Beatles first premiered their sound on the TV airwaves on Ed Sullivan. What did it all entail exactly? Well, Paul's 70s wail, Ringo bopping along, Dhani just being plain awesome and an 80 year old Yoko danced! Yoko danced a lot...
 
... And that made me a very very happy girl.

I will never understand the Yoko Ono hate -- a pioneering feminist/poet/artist had
one of the greatest love stories with a HSP revolutionary as John Lennon was.
Stop believing that this amazing woman was the cause of the Beatles breaking up!
It really was the perfect definition of a Love-Fest leaded by Dave Grohl, the perfect Beatle fan who collaborated (and help create) my favorite non-reunion moments of the nights with a lesser known Beatles rock tune, "Hey Bulldog" ("...it's a quintessential Beatles rocker," He explained his song choice, "Paul's rolling bass line. The trademark Ringo drum fills, George's gritty distorted guitar. And that sound that only the back of John Lennon's throat could produce." Backing him up on "Hey Bulldog" included ELO front man and close Beatle-friend Jeff Lynne and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" included mind-numbing and breathless rock n roll courtesy of Grohl on drums and mind-altering dueling solos by Joe Walsh and Gary Clark Jr. (I'm still not over that solo..)

 
And then "the great reunion" with a bevy of standards coming from either Starr or McCartney individually or together: "I Saw Her Standing There," "Hey Jude," "Get Back," "Yellow Submarine," and my absolute favorite moments in "Matchbox" and the infamous Shirelles cover "Boys." It was during somewhere in the middle of Ringo's set that all the charisma that is known as the Beatles became truthfully hypnotic with the whole room's arms up in the air making the peace sign. The Beatles are apart of us, and I sobbed like a little girl. It's truly something when we say we love The Beatles, but it's another thing to truly see it displayed on camera with close ups of your average celebrity enraptured by the music. The Beatles are apart of us. The Beatles music speaks to us like nothing else. It was then I realized that this little scuffle band from Liverpool speaks such volumes because they happened at a time when the human race was discovering themselves and from that, they were in the right place at the right time to design pop culture and rock-n-roll as we know it complete with sobbing pre-teen fans.

Thank you, Paul and Ringo for a majestic night.
 
....My only question is where the hell was Freda Kelly (their fan-club secretary and close friend) to enjoy this night with her, as she called McCartney and Starr back in the days, big brothers?
 
....Why am I learning about Ed Sheeran just now? This guy is amazing!
 
 
 
Josh Groban *HAS* been the Greatest
Philosopher of All Time, Where
Have You Been, Huffpo?
 
 
 
No complaints though, really, but this is so much win.
SO.
MUCH.
WIN.
 
 
 
 
 
Charlotte Church Continues to
"Glitterbomb" and Melt My Face
With the New Look!
 
 
 
Annie Gives Us (but mostly Russia)
a Big "Russian Kiss"
 
The only way to retaliate against politics is a good song. So leave it to one of my favorite people, Norwegian songstress who-simply-cannot-suck Annie to stick it to Russia. I was surprised when I saw the song's objective (and the video!), I half suspected this is something that Peaches or someone else more bent on the shock factor would take on but in a way, this makes me respect Annie SO MUCH more than I already do. Plus, I love that haircut!!!
 
Anyway, "Russian Kiss" is a great collaboration with visual artist Bjarne Melgaard and Annie's frequent lover in song, Richard X. Based on a 90s club song "French Kiss," Annie's embellished tune has been turned around to be a magical retaliation against Putin's anti-LGB Legislation. [I leave the "T" off because they are not the ones attacked for the moment...] And while I'm a person who keeps bedroom things in the bedroom without a double standard; I think what had to be done to get a message to Russia was bad-ass but for me personally, the video didn't do much for me. But I absolutely love that Annie did this... once my surprise wore off and the male groans left my ears. I like girls, I don't need to hear that. =) 
 
 


0 remarks:

Post a Comment