May 1st's Very Beltane-y Hot Spot Vspot

by 3:15 PM
I suppose 'tis the season right? It's sexy time for the Celts and Pagans; and in between Iowa City blowing up with events, concerts, work, volunteering, getting last minute hang outs with graduates or friends who are moving away I'm surprised I can get a blog post in with my new insane schedule. 

Leading Lady Elle


Remember that kickstarter account I showed off in huge excitement for a God Help the Girl musical back in January? Well good news, after 1,334 backers and more than 121,084 there's been official green light with the name Elle Fanning as Murdoch's leading lady, who will be playing a young songwriter who escapes to Glasgow and makes friends while discovering herself. As long as its a musical, and musicals haven't been making huge air play in theaters lately, this I'm excited for (and Les Miserables, but that's another story). 




The Future of Blair

Someday I will make a post on here of my top 10 favorite albums of all time and Blair's "Die Young" will definitely be on that list because... well... Blair's just awesome. And the more Blair Gimma, the better, which is why her new band, The Future of What is going to rock. Along with Sam Alexrod (The Narrator), Seth Waldstein and Max Kotelchuck they are making music "without electric guitars or cymbals" (or says their facebook account) or listen and judge for yourself because the Moonstruck EP is coming out in June and it'll melt your face! 










What a Small Town Moon Sounds Like...

Because Regina Spektor will  tell us what it looks like because she is bad-ass and oh so beautiful with curly and the latest STRAIGHT hair! Not necessarily a single while "Don't Let Me Go (Ne Me Quittes Pas)" or "All the Rowboats" is blowing up the college charts, but a teaser of "What We Saw From the Cheap Seats" coming  May 29th... can that come any sooner because between the new songs and live songs finally done in the studio has me stoked beyond all possible belief... that is if one can still say stoked nowadays.



Emily Haines and Metric is Back!!

Here's another album to get excited about; but do Metric still sound amazing like their Monster Hospital or Dead Disco days? Um... yes, yes, EXTREMELY!! Synethitica will be out June 12. Why oh why is Emily and Regina killing me?




Mary of Egypt Breaks Onto Indie/Rock Playlist

Rarely a conceptual album really kicks at my eardrums and prompts me to buy a DIGITAL album, when I'm such a stickler for the real thing, but thanks with Sir Criznittles his band of merry men, I have discovered Mary of Egypt... or better known as Julia Hatamyar a musical genius in combining Baroque and Romantic structure of composing music with modern progressive lyrics. Case in point, the lyrics to her (Mad)rigal II from her Lone Sum/Hermit Age album that just came out this April, "My body is commodity/With Pearlywhites for flash and gleam/A happy woman all they need." WHO DOES THIS? WHO IS THIS WOMAN? Seriously, Julia Hatamyar is my hero. 






"Come Near" Lykke Li's New Song!


Rejoice to everyone who listened to her exclusive stream of Wounded Rhymes on stereogum on repeat, for "Come Near" exists, another song to tease that sexual spot in our eardrums. While Wounded Rhymes was a perfect wintry mix of low swaying melodies and dark compositions, "Come Near" still has that enigmatic sound Li does so well, but it's perky! and happy! and almost a little *gulp* can I say sexy? I love you, Lykke. 








0 remarks:

Post a Comment