In My Closet: It's Fall!! Get Excited!!... and Layered

by 3:24 PM
It's the year of the layer which means time to pull out thick tights (I seriously tell you, Ragstock's fleece-lined leggings are a God-send AND on my must list for the winter), fashion boots and some fabulous dresses, cardigans and sweaters. Oh, and scarves. But despite the summer-like afternoons lately I have to hang up the scarves for now (failures)


Sweater, Ragstock est. $10, Stripe Shirt Revival $6, Ragstock, Purple Tights $6
Stripes are eternal and classic, to have an insane pattern like this most often will be paired with either dark colors or very little patterns to layer. The purple (fleece lined, bitches!) footless leggings help that blocked color palate for me to nickname this outfit "Ode to Jean Seberg" for wearing stripes with immaculate pixie-like hair in Godard's Breathless. Plus, my figure looks fantastic in this sweater that, as of that night, died. I need a sewing machine.









Brown cardigan Ragstock est. $12, White long sleeve t-shirt Target $3
One of my more successful layered outfits complete with a knitted scarf which was a Christmas present to me (last year, one thing my brother doesn't suck at buying vs. groceries that done begin and end with Pancheros). Yet I have one little beef with this outfit (un-Pancheros related) with the white around the waist. I would hope for the future of long-sleeved t-shirts to be tailored like men's suit shirts. Ladies, if you have the same body type as I do, straight across won't do for your awesome hips. Otherwise we all know what really makes this outfit -- the leather jacket.







Old Navy Dress Revival $14, Pink Plaid Scarf Revival $8, Ragstock Fleece Leggings $6
The necessity for every girl in colder weather is to have one dress you can rely on -- be it of a thicker fabric or even cable! Cable sweaters work perfectly for figures and cling in the right spots so it was almost kismet when I found this green cable hoodie dress at Revival. While the neckline is insanely low, what you don't see is a brown-pink t-shirt under to match off with the plaid scarf that is normally too pink for me. But with the green, it all balances.






Gold sweater, Revival $12

While more simple than the other three outfits, I feel I must highlight on the power of gold. While given the same effect of yellow that I have posted awhile back -- gold is a very in color for fall (Thanks to a very late night google-fest of Fall Fashion Week) and best for a sweater. Gold often is used simply for jewelry or accessories and there is a fear of wearing yellow for skin tone but find the shade that's perfect for you before buying. You'll never stop wearing it, unlike my relationship with the awkward pockets in this sweater. Love the shirt, just hate the hip-hugging pockets that aren't even sewn into the lining.










Purple Sweater Ragstock est. $16, Stripe Tank Top Revival $6, Black Skirt Ragstock $10
This sweater never gets a whole lot of love -- but one should not sacrifice the aesthetics of a sweater because it's frustrating to wear in the ever-changing weather that is known to be settled specifically in Iowa. Failures. But other than sweater angst, this texture that comes across like Grandma's blanket, is also preferred for both fall and winter, pairing a texture with a pattern is the one way to go for the insane pattern pairings that seem to be popular for this fall. But if nail polish trends often match fashion, things may come back to something simple for winter. Let's hope? Maybe?

0 remarks:

Post a Comment