March 26th's Peanut Butter Frosting Cupcake Hot Spot Vspot

by 3:33 PM
Lately all I can do for these lists is to title what sweet I'm eating at the exact moment so while I'm in the high of a vegan chocolate cupcake with peanut butter icing, this is what I have to offer the world -- but no, you may not have my cupcake! Mine!

Secret Life of Walter Mitty Ben Stiller Style

We all read it in high school, disillusioned man goes completely Tom Ewell in Seven Year Itch in his daydreams but instead of stress-inducing anxiety (Since Seven Year Itch was a huge headache when Marilyn wasn't in the scene) we have WW2 delusions where Mitty is the hero instead of a victim (hmm, Wilder may have been influenced by this short story...) but why tamper with Danny Kaye's performance in the 40s film version? Because this is Hollywood, and Hollywood likes to fuck up good adaptations case in point, the latest news as of early this month with Ben Stiller possibly playing Mitty. In a modern world, the movie would be degraded into every other movie Stiller has played as a loser-incarnate. (You do realize his two shining moments was The Royal Tennanbaums and Heavyweights? I love that movie...) so why mess with it? Ugh! 

While we're on the topic of movies based around WW2, I have a good question I always ask: what would have happened if Germany was still the top grossing movie nation like it used to be in the 20s without WW2 happening... would Germany be the Hollywood of today and mainstream movies wouldn't suck? Food for thought...

Get To Know Their Face


Dwindling in my Vspot Bookmark folder for so many weeks I cannot remember the source of the blog or the magazine, but someone in this world posted their soundcloud to which I support this with my face melted in a total Le Kid kind of way. This is pop music at its finest with some pretty gorgeous British women -- a fair trade.


"Turn Me On Dammit"


From beautiful British women to my favorite female ethnicity... country... whatever you want to call it, Norway has god a whole lot more sexual and we all know I'm approving this with mouth agape and eyes bulging with happiness. Thank you, Nylon Magazine! In an article that features the lead of Helene Bergsholm as Alma, a hormonal 15 year old living vicariously in her fantasies in school and at her part time job while in that high school hope "the cute boy," Artur (Mathias [Mah-tea-es] Myren) will notice. Oh he will notice her, and while the results are sad, this is the grittiest we will ever see adolescence outside of the U.S. that doesn't involve bullying. I haven't even seen a trailer but already my heart has this movie as a special place and NOT because of hot Norwegian girls masturbating (although it's a perk!) but because after watching Sweden's "Show Me Love" it's an indication that the Scandinavians know how to film adolescence in their movies instead of sticking to the similar plot and stereotypes in Hollywood teenage chick flicks.  


Uma Thurman joins Smash!! 


For the third Vspot list in a row, Smash truly has a wonderful place in my heart despite cashing in on some of the mythical Marilyn versus the Marilyn I see in my mind, although I call her Norma Jeane. (If you want to watch a great Marilyn with dramatic potential movie, watch Don't Bother to Knock, your mind shall be blown into kibble!) But moving on from her and into the TV show that pays wonderful  homage to her, there's another blond in town. Proving she has the dancing and singing chops in the musical movie version of "The Producers" Uma Thurman is coming to Smash as a star who dabbles with the thought of playing Marilyn. A little old for the Smash-version of Marilyn? Maybe. But this makes it harder to decide who should win the role, McPhee or Hilty. Don't ask me to choose!

Alphabeat Does Vacation


What's better than Danish pop band Alphabeat's song "Fascination" where they totally pull a Tom Green "say the word" in their bridge? A comeback, and a comeback that's so perfect with a single that sounds like it will be in summer commercials all over America if Alphabeat plays their cards right. Oddly and wonderfully put out on the first day of Spring Break, this is this spring/summer's anthem! Watch them sing this magic on the finale of Denmark's X Factor then Lil Anders duets with finalist Line on their huge hit, The Spell. Have I mentioned this performance includes women dancers as sexy flight attendances? Um, yeah.


Karen Walker Insect Dress

THIIIISSS!!! 

Once more... thank you Nylon!

Romeo and Juliet Goes Buckley


One of my best film crews next to Tim Burton's entourage thought they could top Romeo and Juliet as a guys with shaved heads and 90s punk rock and Radiohead rifts with William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet . Well I almost feel guilty to say that, Luhrmann, Bilcock (my favorite editor ON THIS EARTH!) be very careful because someone is taking over the Shakespeare tragedy on Broadway. Luhrmann loves his broadway so this may injure his theatrical little heart. 

"The Last Goodbye" is a musical treatment with Jeff Buckley tunes has been going on for two years now, but just recently cited in Nylon Magazine as Kristen Connolly's (Mona Lisa Smile) latest acting gig before starting on Joss Whedon's "The Cabin" which is also on my must-watch list. How did I not know about this and why didn't someone tell me about this 2 years ago? Off to youtube I go for clips..

0 remarks:

Post a Comment