January 8th's Minature VSpot

by 2:52 PM


What does Donkeyboy Sound Like Stripped Down and Without Kiesza? This.

Hey Girl...
The Ichabod Crane Version
There's a comment that Ichabod would never say hey girl, but let's just imagine if these memes start with "Greetings fair lady" and the world (at least the ladies and gentlemen of a certain persuasion) will breathe a sigh of happy. God, Tom Mison is so pretty!


Lea Seydoux's "Beauty" and Cinematography Stun in Christophe Gans "Le Belle et la Bete"

Separate what you know from Disney and even from Cocteau's version of Beauty and the Beast, and revel in the exquisite beauty of Lea Seydoux and the beautiful, if not rather CGI-tinted, cinematography and fantastical world fashioned by Christophe Gans. I'm not too thrilled with the image of the beast (but I'm kind of hoping Cassel plays the duel role of the good guy and bad guy in the tradition of Cocteau's Jean Marais) or even purely CGI characters, but I am absolutely enthralled with what is there. I am so going to the theater to see this when it's released in the U.S.!! Who wants to go with me?
... Please don't suck!


Golden Globes 2014: My Wish-List
And who Will Really Win

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will win all over! They will win every category and I will laugh so hard that I will pee a little... OK, for real now...

Best Motion Picture, Drama
I don't really have an opinion about this category, so I may have to with 12 Years a Slave. No doubt it will win.
 Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy

I'm really pulling for the Coen Brothers' Inside Llewyn Davies, but I have a feeling American Hustle will win but kind of hoping Nebraska will be the surprise win for the buzz it's been getting.


Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama

This year, it could be anyone's game, although I was kind of hoping Tom Hanks would have been nominated for Saving Mr. Banks. I think it's a race between Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years a Slave), Idris Elba (Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom) (since everyone knows biographical figures have a chance) and Robert Redford (All is Lost). I'm kinda pushing for Ejiofor and Redford for all the hype behind their acting.

Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical

The indie lover in me is really pushing for Bruce Dern (Nebraska) and/or Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis) but I'm pretty sure Dern has a good chance.


 Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama

Again, not very enthusiastic about this race but, I'm all for Judi Dench (Philomena) but since we are going with what people talk about the most, no doubt Sandra Bullock (Gravity) will win.

 Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy

Meryl Streep (August: Osage County), Meryl, Meryl, Meryl, Meryl. Is there anyone else? Come on, seriously.

 Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture

Personally, I would be so happy if Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club) would get it and people will start taking transgender rights more seriously for the work he did for a male to female transgender woman. But, knowing how voting works, Michael Fassbender (12 Years a Slave) or Barkhad Abdi (Captain Phillips) will take it home.


Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture


Definitely a tie between Julia Roberts (August: Osage County) and/or Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave), and I wouldn't care either way because both of them are great (and the most buzzed about)


Best TV Series, Drama

Although I would love it to be Downton Abbey, but we all know Breaking Bad is really going to win.



Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical

I would like for The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and Parks and Recreation to get into a fight and see who comes out on top, but I'm really pulling for Parks and Recreation since they have been nothing but nominated and has yet to win!!

Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama

Once more, hype would have it and Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) will win over the underrated and wonderful James Spader (The Blacklist). This sucks! 

Best Actor, TV Series Comedy

Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory), there isn't even a race here, damn it!


Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama

Again I'm hopefully wishing for the stunning and extremely talented Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) will win for my newest obsession. But chances are that Kerry Washington (Scandal) or Julianna Marguiles (The Good Wife) will be taking it home. I bet they haven't tried playing seven characters in one show at once!

Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy

I'm holding out for Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) who, either way, will make a joke about her nomination or lack of a win or if she really does win. She won just by being a host and being just plain awesome. But, yeah, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (Veep).


Best Actor in a Mini-Series or TV Movie

Again with no huge opinion on this category, I'm pulling for Chiwetel Ejiofor (Dancing on the Edge) or Idris Elba (Luther).


Best Actress in a Mini-Series or TV Movie

Hands down, Jessica Lange (American Horror Story: Coven), there isn't anyone else in this category.